Saturday 30 July 2016

Adventure 1 – The one where we hit up a hill and found a waterfall


Where: Ellis Brook Valley Reserve, Martin WA

When: July 2016

My Adventure Companions: The Giant Baby, Velcro Dog and my hiking buddy with her 18 month old bub.

‘Hey, friend! I feel like walking some hills. Want to come?’
I love seeing the world through my toddler’s eyes but sometimes I just need to go a little faster, a little further or a little steeper. Ellis Book Valley Reserve is perfect for a quick hill fix as its pretty close to the city and has some nice trails around the valley. Whilst I’m working on it, navigation is not my strong point. I’m pretty sure we were totally off book from the moment we walked out of the car park. We headed up the side of the valley, along the top for some great views and back down past the waterfall (that I had no idea was there before). Both bubs had a nap and we arrived back at the end of our hike just as The Giant Baby was telling me it was definitely time for his next feed. 

Comments from The Giant Baby: It’s always rush rush rush around here. I just want to have a stretch and then keep working on this crawling thing. It would be so much easier if my hands and feet just cooperated. I guess I probably wouldn’t say no to a feed before leaving the house. Or one after a walk. I love my walks with mum. She’s so comfy. I had a lovely nap today. I’m not sure why she insists on taking these walks because we always end up back in the same spot. She also talks too much. 

More details:
Walk trails brochure: here   
Opening hours: 8am-5pm
Fee: $0

No comments:

Post a Comment